Saturday, February 21, 2004

Well, this is easier to look at. I hated the big letters on the other one. It is now February 21, 2004, and we are almost all shovelled out. I have many pictures to post, when I figure out how to do it. I'm told I have to create a website to post them to first, so we'll see how that goes. We had almost 100cm of snow fall in less than 24 hours. I have never seen that much so at one point. I was just about ready to lose my mind when I finally saw the plow come down my street. Then, the plow got stuck and we had to wait for another plow to come and pull that one out. And I am not talking little 4x4 truck. This was one of the big honkin' plows. They ended up pushing all the snow to the end of the street and leaving it in a big pile. It is about 10 feet shy of the top of a light pole, which explains how much snow there actually is. The city of Halifax got special permission from Ottawa to dump the snow in the harbour. Well, there goes the Harbour Clean Up so far! Colby is madly obsessed with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. If I have seen the movie once, I have seen it at least 100 times. I bought a Harry Potter poster and calendar for his room. I took the calendar apart and pinned the pictures up around his room. He can name every character on the walls. He also has a red dinky that is his "Flying Car" that he loves. It is not unusual to see him playing with it and hear him say "By the way Harry, Happy Birthday". If you've seen the movie you'll understand. He also does a great impression of snake language, and can quote almost 1/2 the movie line for line. And this kid is only 2.

No comments: