Thursday, August 23, 2007

Just a little update

Truck is no longer in 4 wheel drive. After speaking with Kass for over an hour venting, she googled "stuck in 4 wheel drive" and there was a suggestion about putting the truck in reverse. I remember Rob telling me that you had to stop and put the truck in reverse to disengage the hubs. I quickly ran out to the truck, backup up a little bit, and it slid right into 2H! Finally something is going right today! I was also surfing around XS Cargo's website, and I can get a really nice deck for the truck with an MP3 player for 88.88 and 10.00 shipping. I'm going to show it to Rob but I think this is the best way to replace the stereo. That way we don't have to worry about an IPod, if we can make an MP3. The sunglasses are a loss, as it would be covered under our tenant's insurance and the deductible is 500.00. Since we have to buy the stereo (deductible for theft on the truck is 250.00, not worth it for 100.00 stereo) and we have to put a new exhaust on the truck, it's not in the cards right now to buy new sunglasses. Real shitty though because we had finally found sunglasses we liked. Oh well, I keep thinking it could have been a lot worse. They could have smashed out the windows, slashed the tires, etc. Can you tell I've calmed down?

No comments: