Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Laundry soap and fabric softener.

I am back to making my own laundry soap and have now stepped it up one more by making my own fabric softner also. I stopped for a while as it was very cheap to coupon for laundry soap. The problem became storage. The secret to great savings with coupons is to buy small bottles and boxes. The smaller the box the cheaper the price and the cheesy value when you combine that with a coupon. The problem is that we just don't have the storage space for 50 bottles of laundry soap.  So I am back to homemade stuff. This way I can control the smell and I know what's in it. 

Here is what we made tonight. It has to sit overnight to set up and then tomorrow I will put it in mason jars for storage. The best part? I actually did the math and that entire pot cost me 1.46 to make. That I figure should do me almost a month and I wash everyday. Fabric softner is even cheaper. :)