OK, listen up, folks. Time for a new name for this blog, and I am taking suggestions from you, our valued readers. (Some of you might have to de-lurk for just a moment, but it's for a good cause.) I've been doing a bit of surfing and reading myself - since I have absolutely nothing else to do - and there are some decidedly witty blogs out there, with interesting and quirky and pun-ish titles. The Mother Load (love it!), Testosterhome (too good), Deathbed Moment (see what I mean about quirky?). The options are endless! So put on your thinking caps while you're sitting there wasting time trying to vicariously be a farmer. I'm going to go read some more because, like I said, I have absolutely nothing else to do! This is her latest post and I'm trying to come up with something. Normally I can do this, but this one has me stumped. I'm passing this along to you, my blogger friends, to see what you come up with. And I would encourage you to drop over and see her blog. Unless of course you're in the high north and craving fresh produce. Don't blame me when you start salivating over your keyboard. :) Her blog is on my blogroll as Shraefel Farm.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
This is where he sits and quotes most of the movie. I swear if the word is in this movie he can now say it.
A winning smile, or pure evil, depending on the angle and his mood.
1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 200 m2 house to a depth of 10 cm.
2. If you spray hair spray on dust balls and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3. A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 20 Kg boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 6m x 6m room.
5. You should not throw cricket balls up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a cricket ball a long way.
6. The glass in windows (even double-glazed) doesn't stop a cricket ball hit by a ceiling fan.
7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.
8. Brake fluid mixed with bleach makes smoke, and lots of it.
9. A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10. Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4- year old Boy.
11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how many jelly crystals you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
14. Pool filters do not like jelly crystals.
15. VCR's do not eject 'BL&T' sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably DO NOT want to know what that smell is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
20. The fire department in Brisbane, Qld, has a 5-minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.80% of Men who read this will try mixing the bleach and brake fluid.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
"Mommy, can we please put on Cars while I play with the dinkies I have from the movie? Oh please mommy, I'll love you forever!"
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
2. What color are your socks right now? White
3. What are you listening to right now? Rob and Colby talking about Guitar Hero.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Salad with feta cheese and pickles.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Is there any other kind?
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My sister, of course.
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I sure do. She was the 2nd friend I made here in town. 2 minutes after the first one.
8. How old are you today? 33
9. What is your favourite sport to watch? UFC.
10. What is your favourite drink? Sugar free Kool Aid and Crystal Light.
12. Favourite food? BBQ Chicken pizza, and blueberry fritters.
13. What is the last movie you watched? Hush Little Baby. BAD movie.
14. Favourite day of the year? Halloween
15. How do you vent your anger? By calling my sister.
16. What was your favourite toy as a child? Dinkies. I had loads of them.
17. What is your favourite season? Fall
18. Cherries or Blueberries? Blueberries, especially in a fritter.
19. Living arrangements? We live in a house provided by NWC.
20. When was the last time you cried? Hmm, which commerical was on last??
21. What is on the floor of your closet? Sleeping bag and suitcases.
22. What did you do last night? Watched Rob, Colby and Joey play Guitar Hero.
23. What inspires you? My family.
24. What are you most afraid of? Dead fish in a fishtank. They creep me out.
25. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Loaded with veggies and cheese.
26. Favourite dog breed? French Mastiff.
27. Favourite day of the week? Tuesday. All the good shows are on then.
28. How many states/provinces have you lived in? 4 (NS, Newfoundland, NWT, SK)
29. Biggest Life lesson... Live today to the fullest, and don't assume there will be a tomorrow.
The other exciting thing that has happened over the last 24 hours is that Joey has finally put a sentence together in english! This is a HUGE accomplishment for him. He looked at us last night during supper and said
"All done my cup".
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
He's a fantastic guy who is like a brother to Rob and is Uncle Adam to my boys. He was our first visitor when we moved to the North, and the one who was there for us when we went back home. And I know if he showed up here tomorrow he'd have a Tim Horton's coffee just the way I like it.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
And Kara, according to online I don't need to violate them. I just to shake the bejesus out of them for 10 seconds 2 times a week. Much nicer than violating them with a q-tip, and more fun for me.