Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our honeymoon.. 12 years late

When Rob and I got married, we were young and money was tight. We paid for the entire wedding ourselves, and as we were living in Newfoundland at the time we decided not to go on a honeymoon and went back to Nova Scotia for a visit. We always said that we would eventually take a vacation for just the two of us, but as we all know life gets in the way and this became less and less of a priority. Rob, as a manager of the Northern store, is required to attend a week long conference each year in Winnipeg along with every other manager in the Northwest Company. We talked after he got home last year that I would go with him this year, and after the conference take a few extra days and do a mini vacation for just us. Honestly I didn't know if this would happen, because well, things always have a way of coming up and changing plans. I am THRILLED to say I can finally share with you our travel plans, because flights have been booked, approval has been obtained for me from work and hotel rooms have been reserved. I will be going with Rob in 2 weeks (on the 28th) to Winnipeg for a week, and after that we will fly back to Saskatoon and drive to Edmonton. After that, we're heading here:
JASPER! I have never seen the Rocky mountains, and although we did talk about heading somewhere warm I thought it would be a shame to leave the country to sit on a beach when there is beautiful scenery pretty much in our backyard that we have never seen, and it's close enough that we can drive there in less than a day from Edmonton. After Jasper we will head back home, probably stopping somewhere halfway between there and here, so I can at least spend one day with my sister before she goes back. So in total we will be gone 2 weeks, and my sister will be coming up to stay with the boys. They are super excited to get her for 2 weeks all to themselves, and I know she feels the same.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Very exciting!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

That is fantastic!!

Enjoy your honeymoon.

:)

Scratchings in the Dirt said...

Oh, that's so wonderful for you! Enjoy! And I so agree with you about experiencing what's close to us (although I wouldn't mind trying a warm holiday one of these winters!!)

Mary Lou, Paradise said...

excellent good for you guys... enjoy!

Trace said...

That's awesome! You guys deserve some time off. What better than a romantic time alone at the Fort Garry. While Rob is in conference during the day, I suggest you take a tour of The Forks (within walking distance)or do some shopping at the Polo Park Mall. I completely enjoyed my time in Winnipeg.

Tina said...

Trace: It's not at the Fort Garry anymore. It's at the Ramada downtown. Any other suggestions? And who are you? I feel bad for asking but I feel I should know this and I don't. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Jasper. I took the train through there 5 years or so ago and loved it. I look forward to taking the family there in the future. I haven't been to Banff yet but everyone I've talked to says Jasper is by far the better of the two.

elmo said...

Dont get arrested having... err... "fun" on the balcony.

Mom said...

You both deserve a Honeymoon.Enjoy yourselves.It's along time coming.If two people deserve it.it's you and Rob.It brings a smile,and tear at the same time.Wish I was going up with Kassie.I know Colby and Joey will love having Kass to themselves.