Friday, June 18, 2004

Well, the Cavalier is back, with a new fuel pump. I went and got Kassie yesterday and drove it around to see if it would shut off. So far so good. People at work think it may have been a vapor lock in the tank, which would have also been fixed with the new fuel pump. The big test is when I take it to work tonight. I have to drive to the clinic and back to work, which is exactly the route I was on when it broke down the last time. I must admit, I'm quite afraid of the car right now. I fear is being stuck in an intersection and having it shut off. But, the only way to find out what is going to happen is to actually drive the damn thing. But, the good thing, which I still for the life of me can't figure out why, the CD player is now working. It didn't work from the time I bought it until yesterday. I don't even pretend to try to understand that one. I have offically christened the car with a new name. Every vehicle I have owned I have named, starting with Sophie the Wonder Dodge (1988 Dodge Shadow), Floyd (1999 Honda Civic, Sam the Grand Am, Goldmember (the truck, another blog for that name), and now...... F.C. 1996 Cavalier.

No comments: