Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The end of one journey, the beginning of the next

I finally have a moment to just sit and type. Needless to say, sitting is not the most comfortable position and since I am not spoiled with a cordless keyboard like others I know, this will have to do.

I was in quite a bit of pain on Tuesday, and even called Rob at work to let him know that although I was not in labor, don't plan on leaving anything at work for Wednesday, as we may end up at the Grace Wednesday. I had a bit of a hard night on Tuesday night, and Wednesday I would have contractions, quite strong ones, that appeared to regulate and then when we thought we could head to the Grace it stopped, again. I was about ready to lose my mind. Not much sleep Wednesday night and then we ended up at the Grace for my section. When I finally made it to the operating room, well, let's just say things didn't go as planned. All I wanted throughout this entire pregnancy was to be awake for the birth. Unfortunately due to circumstances that didn't happen and I was asleep. Luckily, my amazing husband, knowing I would be extremly dissapointed when I woke, took many pictures and a few videos with the digital camera. The videos are amazing, and I still can't watch them without crying. But, I have an amazing little boy, who is happy and healthy and home.

Colby is absoutely amazing with him. He takes his role of "Big Brother" very seriously. I love watching them.

I am alright, well as alright as to be expected. I don't remember being this uncomfortable after Colby, but then again, I didn't have a 4 year old at home at the same time. Luckily for me Rob is home all week with us to give me a chance to get back on my feet. He's been absoutely amazing, not complaining once about running the house and looking after 2 kids and me.

The only thing that really honks right now is that I'm not allowed to take a bath for a few weeks. Anyone who has been in my house will understand why this is so heartbreaking for me!

But I'm home, Joey is home, we're all healthy. That's the most important thing.

No comments: