Monday, May 01, 2006

10 Days to Go

I decided earlier today that when the baby is finally born I am going to print all the posts and comments that relate to the pregnancy for a baby book. With that being said, I have been thinking about all the things I'm going to miss about being pregnant, and the things that I can't wait to be able to do again when I'm no longer pregnant. Such as:

THINGS I'M NOT GOING TO MISS

  • Sleeping with 2 pillows under my head, one between my legs and a towel wrapped up under my belly for support
  • Taking 5 minutes to get everything above in the right place
  • Just getting comfortable with everything above and realizing I have to pee, again
  • Peeing every hour
  • Back pain
  • Not being able to do a "flight of the bumblebee" and clean the entire house all at the same time
  • Being constantly thirsty
  • Getting out of the tub without it being a huge effort and event
  • Picking things up off the floor without the use of the broom / vacuum
  • Outgrowing clothes by the week
  • Building up the energy to get up out of a chair or out of the car
  • Waddling

THINGS I'M GOING TO MISS ABOUT BEING PREGNANT

  • Everything listed above
  • Feeling the baby move when he's stretching or changing positions
  • Watching Colby's face when he puts his hand on my belly and the baby moves
  • Watching Rob's face when the baby moves when he speaks
  • Feeling the baby move when Rob shines a flashlight on my belly
  • Hearing the heartbeat at all the doctor's appointments
  • Quiet moments in bed when I feel him moving when I rub my belly

In just a few hours we will be down to single digits for the countdown. I can't believe it. I really can't. He's going to be here very soon. HOLY SHIT!

No comments: