Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Feeling somewhat human again

I actually have a spare minute to sit and type. Motherhood the second time around is much harder than I thought, but definately worth it. Joey is slowly settling in here, and each day moving around is getting much easier for me. Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself that it was only 2 weeks ago that I had the baby and remember not to overdue it. My mother in law came out today and cleaned the house and looked after the boys for a couple hours today so I could get some much needed sleep. Joey is normally a great sleeper, but for some reason last night he decided it would be much more fun to stay awake, and keep us all awake with him. I got up to do the feedings since Rob had to work this morning, so needless to say when Jean walked through the door I was very quickly off back to bed. I'm battling nausea in the mornings, and if I didn't know any better I would say I'm going through pregnancy backwards. But again, it's only been 2 weeks. I can't wait until I can take a long soak in my tub or drive the car, but that will come in a couple more weeks.

Colby graduates from preschool tomorrow. I can't believe preschool is over. I already have him enrolled in soccer for the summer, but I'm also going to see if I can find a summer week camp or 2 for him. I hate the thought of him staying home all summer as there are no little kids around here his age that I know of. Pictures to follow of graduation.

I have been following American Idol somwhat. I am now really regretting not following it from the beginning. Yes, I admit, I have a huge crush on Chris Daughtry, like millions of other people. I can't believe how many sites have been dedicated to him just by googling his name. I now have a CD compiled of songs he sang on the show. My prediction for tonight is that Taylor Hicks is going to win. Although he can be somewhat annoying, I think that's part of his charm, and I feel he has a stronger voice than Katharine. The only song that she has sung that has made me go "wow" is "Over the Rainbow". We'll see.

No comments: