Saturday, January 07, 2006

31 ain't so bad

I didn't it was so bad until I looked at the number. 31!!! I must admit, I had a nice, quiet birthday. I got email cards from Jen, who never forgets, and Marylou, which was nice surprise. I also received many phone calls, but the call I miss most on this day is the call from my grandparents. They always called first thing in the morning to be the first ones to wish me happy birthday. Mom and Dad stopped in with a "little" birthday gift for me. Initially, it was 3 beautiful wicker baskets, which would have been perfect for me, as they're the perfect size for my scrapbook stuff. Mom says to me, "well, open them up and look at it" and inside the smallest one is a DIGITAL CAMERA! I had planned on buying one for when the baby was born, because as much as I LOVE my Canon Rebel, it's a pain in the ass developing "snapshots". The digital is a Hewlett Packard 5mp. I'm about to go read the book and play with it to see what it can do. What a clear LCD it has! Sandra showed up, after a laugh on the phone when I mentioned about being 31, to which she replied, "Tina, you're not 31 yet" (she thought my birthday was Monday) and brought me cheesecake. So, I'm off to finish my birthday with a nice long swim and a piece of cheesecake before Rob comes home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day, may this year be full of little and big surprises! Looking forward to seeing you soon, I hope.
GR

Anonymous said...

I am not looking forward to this Birthday either. 31 is, well it's not 30.
GR