Friday, January 20, 2006

Memories of High school

I have been doing a lot of thinking about high school over the past week or so since I heard of a concert that is coming to Halifax. Jordan Knight, of New Kids On The Block fame, is coming to Halifax. This makes me smile, as all through high school all I heard, right up to grade 12, was about Jordan Knight. To say Tawny was obsessed was an understatement. Tawny and I did a project in high school about our friendship, and we did some crazy pictures. One picture in particular is one that we took, sitting her bed, and a very large poster of Jordan in a white open shirt (yes, I remember the poster even now and was unsuccessful in finding it when I did a google search or it would have been here) and we cut it, writing "This photo has been edited for content". But, if you look at the rest of the walls, you can see Jordan everywhere.

Another strong memory of this time is there was a night I was spending at Tawny's, which I did quite frequently back then, and we were watching an award show of some kind. They did a pan of the audience, and guess who was there? Tawny nearly ripped my arm off. She set the VCR up and I think had 6 or 7 1.5 second shots of his face when they panned the audience. What fools we were.

If Tawny was in town, we would go to this concert, if for nothing else, to imagine what the 17-18 year old Tawny and Tina would have done in the same place.

5 comments:

Jody said...

Surprisingly, I remember that sweater you are wearing in the pic Tina! LOL

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I think I only recently put that sweater to rest. Or it may still be in the back of my closet. Or Kassie's.

Tawny said...

Yeah, that only seems like a whole different life time :). I remember that shirt I was wearing, and those jeans (I LOVED them) plus I remember that sweater of Tina's. She had one in purple as well, I think :).

Ah Jordan Knight. How badly I loved him :).

Thanks for the laught Tina :).

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

That was the purple sweater. :)

Anonymous said...

I think even I remember the sweater.
GR