Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh how I hate to spend money on myself

For anyone who knows me personally, you'll know that I HATE to spend money on myself. I will debate, review, decide against it, go back, and then debate more until Rob gets so frusterated he orders it for me himself. I have outgrown my camera bag, to the point that I cannot carry all the gear I now own. I have been feeling it because when I am out taking pictures of "icebergs" I am missing some really good shots because I don't have my zoom lens for me (the zoom lens was removed from the case when I bought my big flash). This summer I will be photographing 3 weddings, and I KNOW I'm going to need all my gear for this. So I just did it my blogger friends. I spent over $100.00 on myself ( I know! *gasp*) and just ordered this case. I have been researching cases online for over a month, trying to find one that suits my needs, and that will grow with me as I hopefully get more gear. And thanks to Rob, I found one. Well, he found it. It's a Tenba Messenger, and after watching the little video they put on the website about it, it looks like it it exactly what I have been looking for. Can someone tell me when I turned into Adam?! (For anyone that doesn't know Adam, he is exactly like this when it comes to buying ANYTHING).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to spend money on yourself...
As for camera cases, I bought a Canon case that I'm not at all happy with. I need to find something else that I can carry when I'm out hiking - the one I have is strictly for city-use.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

How big of one do you need? What are you carrying? I have just outgrown my Roots case and will have no use for it. It's a shoulder sling one, that has Canada on it. :)

Kel P said...

If it makes you feel any better, your brother is the same way. Think he's going to have a heart attack since I FINALLY insisted we splurge and buy the new big screen tv AND air conditioner we've been debating for months :)

elmo said...

lol.. I was wondering if you made a spreadsheet for it but I saw at the end that you did :)