Sunday, March 07, 2004

Well, what a crazy week for me. We decided on Thursday that we are going to see the house. It's a big decision but one that we both agree with. We have decided that we are not going to have any more children, and with that decision we do not need this big house. All our money is going in to keeping this house going with no room to spend. We are going to move back to a "mini home", trailer to me, so that we can save money to either build the house of our dreams, or stay there and look into buying a little cottage on the water somewhere. The big incentive for us is that it looks like we will be profiting approximately 25,000 when we sell this place. The market has skyrocketed and we will be listing it for 30, 000 more than what we bought it for. Our realtor, who happens to be practically a member of the family (Colby's Gramma Jeannine) feels confident that we should get most of this. We will be paying 1/2 of what we pay now in mortgage and utilities, and with the surplus of money will be completely debt free. Who wouldn't? I also have a very traumatic morning on Friday. Colby was up most of the night on Thursday, and because of that he ended up sleeping in the bed with me and we didn't get up until 10. We didn't have the twins that day so we went for groceries. When we got to the parking lot of the superstore, I was so distracted in making sure I had my wallet (plus not to mention was still very tired) I hit the power locks and got out to let Colby out of the backseat. Except, when the door closed and all doors were locked, I realized that I left MY KEYS IN THE IGNITION! Luckily I had my cell phone in my pocket. 1 call to GM Roadside Assistance, (and thank god she was patient and understood because at that point I was panicking), and less than 10 minutes later, a tow truck showed up and slim jimmed the door. Of course, by the time he got there, Colby was freaking because he couldn't understand why I was outside the car crying and not opening the door. I felt like the most horrible mother in the world. And to top it all off, when the door was opened and I took him out of his seat, he took my face in his hands and said "Don't cry mommy, it's Ok.". I'm crying now even as I type this. What an amazing kid I have.

No comments: