Thursday, November 18, 2004

Birthdays, Fish and Icy Squares

First and foremost, my beautiful neices celebrated their 4th birthday yesterday, November 17th. Happy birthday Kira and Rebecca. And to their mom too, since she had the day first! Happy birthday Nicole! We got our power back Monday night at 11:35pm. I was just leaving work, preparing for another cold night in the house when Rob called and said that the power was back. I could have cried. I ended up bringing the fish to Ruffins, a pet store in a mall close to here that is owned by a friend of Kassie's, Kyle. He graciously combined 2 of his tanks to give me one for my fish until the power came back. I'm happy to report that the fish are all alive, warm and well. We went and got them back yesterday. I found the most amazing Dollar Store today in Dartmouth. It is on the #7 highway (which incidently meant NOTHING to me until someone told me that Main Street turns into the #7). It is the biggest Dollar store I have seen, and believe me I have been in many of them. I bought hat and scarf sets for Colby for 1.00 each and water proof mittens. I bought 4 hat and scarf sets and 6 pairs of mittens. I also bought the same for Sandra's twins. You can never have enough mitts, scarves and hats! I also found Icy Squares, which of course I had to buy. It's amazing how just a little thing can have soo many memories attached. Icy Squares instantly remind me of Christmas shopping with Tawny in high school. We would spent hours and come home with nothing more than empty Icy Square wrappers. Our christmas gifts to each other would almost include these silly little chocolates. I remember us being at Zellers for when it opened for something or another, and watching people slide under the rolling gate to get in to get that "great deal". The funny things you remember. I guess that this high school thinking was initially triggered by a little gossip I heard, followed shortly by the chocolate. Rob is still in contact with a specific person from his past, who I will refer to as A. Well, A told Rob a little while ago (he just remembered to tell me the other day) that, now as she is single again after a very short marriage, has been socially seeing someone from my past, who we will call B. I am assuming since B was married a few years ago that that union has also dissolved. It's interesting how life takes twists and turns. I hope for A's sake that B's marriage is dissolved. That can become a very tricky situation if it's not. The only reason I mention this is that infidelity is one of the main reasons that my relationship with B dissolved, (I'm embarrased now looking back that this happened a number of times with him and I). Though, to be fair to him, our past together was many, many moons ago and one would hope that he has grown and matured as the rest of us did. I have no way of knowing why that marriage didn't work. I must admit, it does make me chuckle though. A has admitted to me and to Rob that she will "always have a place in her heart reserved for him" (verbatim here folks), and now she is seeing socially, casually I would assume, someone who was part of my life many years ago. It's just funny how life plays out, don't ya think? But hey, if they're happy, more power to them. Even if it was a date or two for them, even if they never go out again, I'm glad that A and B are moving on and I hope that they can find happiness again, who knows, maybe with each other, maybe not. It's just funny how 2 people who went to school together, went separate ways, have now crossed paths again. I'm glad for them both. AND YES, TO THE PERSON WHO LEFT THE COMMENT, I HAVE EDITED THIS TO CLARIFY MY POINT IN BRINGING THIS UP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot to put on a web page.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

How so? Please leave your name if you're going to comment. I would appreciate it.

Tina.