Monday, September 12, 2005

Chasing rainbows and stealing sunglasses

Well, we're back from Cape Breton and we had a ball. I got off work at 9:30PM Friday night and went home and slept. Rob and I went to bed at 10 and got up at 1AM. I figure by the time we stopped tossing and turning it was more like 11 so we had 2 hours sleep. We loaded up the VW Golf and off we went. We made it at the Crant residence at 6:30AM and were wide awake. Rob went golfing with Jim and Adam, and Genevieve, her mom Alice, Adelle and I hit the road for some second hand shops. Actually, before this, I mentioned to Genevieve around 7am that I had brought some Avon products with me, and by 8am they were all over the table and half sold between Genevieve and Alice. By 9, 2 neighbours had been called about "Tina's blue light special" on Avon, and the rest of it was all gone! It was the easiest 60.00 I have ever made! I took that money and had a blast at 2nd hand shops. I bought a beautiful new black winter jacket, a spider man pillow for Colby, a Space Jam throw for Colby, a new fall jacket for Colby (Do you see a pattern here?), and some shirts for Rob. I fell asleep 2x in the back of the car with Adelle. We had chinese food for lunch and then headed back to Alice's. It rained like crazy for a few minutes, and of course after a big rain shower comes a rainbow! Alice went up to the store, and came flying back in the driveway saying "Tina, get your camera and get in the car!" We ended up chasing the rainbow and for the first time in my life I found the end of it! The pictures are amazing and once I get them scanned I will update this post with the pictures. Rob fell asleep sitting up at 9pm so we headed back to the cabin that A&G rented for us. Sunday morning we had a great breakfast at a little diner and then went to top up the Golf. When we pulled in there was a man in a big chev truck filling his truck. We topped up the Golf (which was Full service! Imagine, 1.08/l and it was full serve!) and it only cost us 24.00 to top it off. We only burned 1/2 tank all the way down there and with our running around the next day. In total, we spent 48.00 on fuel there and back. We're definately looking into a diesel next year! Anyways, so we went to the christening, which was great and then booted it on home. Adelle is a little doll. We both fell hopelessly in love. Genevieve's parents are also wonderful people. The Crant house is the type of house that when you're there an hour, you're curled up on the couch with a blanket, napping with the baby. Well, ok, that's what I did, but the house was comfortable enough to do that in! I also have Avon orders that I will be mailing down to them! It was a great weekend. I can't wait to go back. I got the pictures back tonight of the christening, and A&G said that I can post them. There are a couple that I will put on the other site, one in particular of Adam and Adelle that I just love. I want to play with it a little first and then I'll post it. When I got home, I realized that I had accidently took Adam's sunglasses clips. I don't think I'm his favorite person right now, but I know he still loves me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.