- Glenarbour Barbie: This princess Barbie is only sold at stores on Dresden Row. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade handbags, a Lexus SUV, a longhaired dog named Honey, and a fully mortgaged house. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with "augmented" version.
- Bedford Barbie: This modern-day homemaker Barbie is available with Ford Windstar minivan and matching gym outfit. She gets lost easily and has no full-time occupation or secondary education. Traffic-jamming cell phone included. Headset sold separately. Spryfield Barbie: This recently paroled, tattooed & nose pierced Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Williamswood forest ready, lifted Chevy truck with dark tinted windows, and a methlab kit. This model is only available after dark and can only be paid for in cash, preferably in small, untraceable bills. Unless you are a cop; then, we don't know what you're talking about!
- South End Barbie: This yuppie Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included is her very own Starbucks cup, credit card, and country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper. You won't be able to afford any of them.
- Enfield Barbie: This pale model comes dressed in her own Wrangler jeans, two sizes too small, a NASCAR shirt, and Tweety Bird tattoo on her shoulder. She has a six-pack of Keith's and a Hank Williams, Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and kick mullet-haired Ken's ass when she is drunk. Purchase her pickup truck separately and get a Monster Truck Meet bumper sticker absolutely free.
- Shore Drive Barbie: This collagen injected, rhinoplastic Barbie wears a leopard-print bikini outfit and drinks cosmopolitans while entertaining friends at the boat house (Percocet prescription available).
- Sackville Barbie: This tobacco-chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased Beer-Gut Ken out of Enfield Barbie's house. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans, fake fingernails, and a see-through halter-top. Also available with a mobile home.
- Quinpool Road Barbie: This doll is made of actual tofu. She has long, straight, brown hair, archless feet, hairy armpits, no makeup, and Birkenstocks with white socks. She prefers that you call her "Willow". She does not want or need a Ken doll, but if you purchase two Quinpool Road Barbie's and the optional Subaru wagon, you get a coupon for a free wheat-grass smoothie at any Great Ocean health food store.
- Gottingen Barbie: This Barbie now comes with a stroller and infant doll. Optional accessories include a GED and bus pass. Gangsta Ken and his '79 Caddy were available, but are now very difficult to find since the addition of the infant. Credit cards are not available for Gottingen Barbie or Ken.
- Cole Harbour Barbie: This Barbie comes with a 1984 Trans am with expired temporary plates and three baby Barbies in the back seat, but no car seats. The optional Ken doll comes with a pick up truck loaded 10 feet high with fire wood.
- Spring Garden Road Barbie/Ken: This versatile doll can be easily converted from Barbie to Ken by simply adding or subtracting the multiple "snap-on" parts. Bonus: free rainbow flag with proof of purchase sticker along with valuable discount coupons to all adult bookstores.
- Porter's Lake Barbie: This doll comes with her own house, boat & motor, and early model Chev SUV 4X4. She's dressed in cut off shorts and a Cabela's T-shirt, and has two baby Ken dolls attached to her ass. She's available at Walmarts across North America, all year long. Ken is only available during certain seasons and is hard to find as he is head to toe in Camouflage.
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Mattel recently announced the release of Limited - Edition Barbie dolls specifically for the Halifax Regional market:
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow to get all the paperwork done to refer me to the Grace. My family dr does not deliver, so he is referring me to one of the doctors in there. I am hoping to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat tomorrow, and my ultrasound is booked for October 18th. I am really hoping that they will give us pictures, but if not we're planning on bringing a digital camera and the video camera! I'm not missing it this time around as we only have 1 ultrasound picture of Colby and that was at 7 weeks! We're also have a little informal get together at the house this weekend with A&G and Adelle, G's friend Erin and Adam. Initially it was planned as a houseparty at Erin's house, but plans changed and the 6 of us are just going to hang out at the house. That way G and I don't have to worry about babysitters as the kids can just sleep at the house. We're bringing the cradle over for Adelle this weekend so she'll have a place to sleep, and we need to have it at the house anyways!
Monday, September 26, 2005
- A kindergarten pupil told his teacher he'd found a cat, but it was dead. "How do you know that the cat was dead?" she asked her pupil. "Because I pissed in its ear and it didn't move," answered the child innocently. You did WHAT ? ! ?" the teacher exclaimed in surprise. "You know, "explained the boy, "I leaned over and went 'Pssst!' and it didn't move."
- 2. A small boy is sent to bed by his father.Five minutes later....."Da-ad....""What?""I'm thirsty. Can you bring drink of water?""No, You had your chance. Lights out."Five minutes later: "Da-aaaad.....""WHAT?""I'm THIRSTY. Can I have a drink of water??"I told you NO! If you ask again, I'll have to spank you!!"Five minutes later......"Daaaa-aaaad.....""WHAT!"When you come in to spank me, can you bring a drink of water?"
- An exasperated mother, whose son was always getting into mischief,finally asked him "How do you expect to get into Heaven?"The boy thought it over and said,Well, I'll run in and out and in and out and keep slamming the dooruntil St Peter says, 'For Heaven's sake, Dylan, come in or stay out!'"
- One summer evening during a violent thunderstorm a mother was tucking her son into bed.She was about to turn off the light when he asked with a tremor in hisvoice, "Mommy, will you sleep with me tonight?"The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug. I can't dear," she said. "I have to sleep in Daddy's room."A long silence was broken at last by his shaky little voice:"The big sissy."
- It was that time, during the Sunday morning service, for the children'ssermon. All the children were invited to come forward.One little girl was wearing a particularly pretty dress and,as she sat down, the pastor leaned over and said,"That is a very pretty dress. Is it your Easter Dress?"The little girl replied, directly into the pastor's clip-on microphone,"Yes, and my Mom says it's a bitch to iron."
- When I was six months pregnant with my third child, my three year oldcame into the room when I was just getting ready to get intothe shower. She said, "Mommy, you are getting fat!"I replied, "Yes, honey, remember Mommy has a baby growing in her tummy.""I know," she replied, but what's growing in your butt?"
- A little boy was doing his math homework. He said to himself,"Two plus five, that son of a bitch is seven.Three plus six, that son of a bitch is nine...."His mother heard what he was saying and gasped, "What are you doing?"The little boy answered, "I'm doing my math homework, Mom.""And this is how your teacher taught you to do it?" the mother asked."Yes," he answered.Infuriated, the mother asked the teacher the next day, "What are youteaching my son in math?"The teacher replied, "Right now, we are learning addition."The mother asked, "And are you teaching them to say two plus two, that sonof a bitch is four?"After the teacher stopped laughing, she answered, "What I taught them was,two plus two, THE SUM OF WHICH, is four."
- One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken Littleto her class. She came to the part of the story where Chicken Little triedto warn the farmer. She read, ".... and so ChickenLittle went up to the farmer and said, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"The teacher paused then asked the class,"And what do you think that farmer said?"One little girl raised her hand and said,"I think he said: 'Holy Shit! A talking chicken!'"The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10 minutes.9. A certain little girl, when asked her name, would reply,"I'm Mr. Sugarbrown's daughter."Her mother told her this was wrong, she must say, "I'm Jane Sugarbrown."The Vicar spoke to her in Sunday School, and said,"Aren't you Mr. Sugarbrown's daughter?"She replied, "I thought I was, but mother says I'm not."
- A little girl asked her mother, "Can I go outside and play with the boys?"Her mother replied, "No, you can't play with the boys, they're too rough."The little girl thought about it for a few moments and asked,"If I can find a smooth one, can I play with him?"
Friday, September 23, 2005
I have been doing a lot of thinking about my Friends Top 5 list, and Matthew McConnhay continues to rank #1. I was trying to find a picture of him from the Wedding Planner, which is my all time favorite movie. My all time favorite part in this movie is when he is in his office with Mary and he introduces himself to Penny saying "Steve Edison", but giggles when he says it. I grin just thinking about it. This is my 2nd favorite scene from the movie, where he just saves Mary. She says to him in this scene, "You saved my shoe.. my life" to which he replies "I was going for the shoe". I also have a totally different look on chocolate covered candies, especially the brown ones, because, they have less artificial favor, because chocolate is already brown. I really need to go watch the movie again.
Blogs are everywhere! Check out the sidebar of the Blogs I read. You will see I added 2. Kassie's, which is HILARIOUS, and Rob's, which is new and full of pictures of them in the woods being boys. I have the appointment for my ultrasound on October 18th. I was also contacted by a woman who does scrapbooking parties, and I'm going to set up one here at the house on some Sunday. Hea Genevieve, if I set it up early on the weekend you guys are here will you stay for it? I'm thinking around 1ish. It would be cool to have you here. And it's FREE. And of course, anyone else who reads this in metro is more than welcome to come. I'm going to have it here at the house.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
According to Genevieve, I don't blog enough. Well, it's because I have nothing to say! I bought 2 new pairs of pants (one jeans with the panel but frayed on the bottom, really cute), a pair of sweatpants and a shirt which I am currently wearing. I go for bloodwork again tomorrow and I am anxiously waiting to hear the appointment for the ultrasound to see how far along I am! I am now getting used to the whole idea of having another baby, I think it's finally starting to sink in for us!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
When I picked Colby up from pre-school today, his teacher pulled me aside and told me what a big help Colby was today. A special needs little boy joined their class today, who is about the same size and age as Colby. His teacher told me that in gym class today, they have a bike built for 2 (like a little police patty wagon) and Colby drove him all round the gym, going slowly as not to scare him and constantly asking him "Max, are you ok? Are you having fun?" I admit, I welled up when she told me that. Children can be really cruel, but yet here's my little angel, playing with another little angel as if there were no differences between them at all. When I asked Colby about Max, he told me quite excitedly that they had the same hair color (they're both blonde). Colby didn't once mention that Max couldn't walk well, and I don't know if he has any developmental problems, but all Colby took away from him is that Max is his new friend and they have the same hair color.
Monday, September 19, 2005
Well, Ophelia didn't amount to much. I must admit I was quite dissapointed. Colby is off to preschool in the morning, they're walking to the library tomorrow to see a puppet show. I'm going to sit in a parking lot across the street and take pictures of them walking.
Sunday, September 18, 2005
This is Adelle. A and G said that I can (finally) post pictures of her on my blog. I love LOVE this picture! At this point, Rob is watching the end of Alexander, and I just can't stomach it so I figured now was a good time to turn my back on it. I must go find a book to read. The Planet Walk got postponed until next week so you'll have to wait until then for pictures!
Saturday, September 17, 2005
So we're told we were to have this big tropical storm. I skipped my day long scrapbooking because I didn't want to be out and get caught in it, and it looks like so far it's nothing but a bit of rain! *angry man fist at Mother Nature!* Colby is settling in well at pre-school, and can't wait to go back. I am very relieved. I was quite worried at first. I'm looking forward to having Rob home tomorrow, so we can pack the 4 loads of laundry that I washed today! A&G will be up on the weekend and we're going out with them on Saturday night. We're bringing Adam with us as G has a friend that is there that is "cute, single and looking". Keep your fingers crossed for Adam!
Thursday, September 15, 2005
I just loved this. I have never seen a rainbow like this one. Only in Cape Breton! Here is a picture of the end of the rainbow. We chased this for almost 1/2 hour. I love this picture. She is very obviously Daddy's little girl. I will post more when A&G get the pictures I mailed them so they will have some surprise when they open them.
Colby had a better day at pre-school today. He didn't cry when I left him, so that's a big bonus. I was quite upset when we brought him there Tuesday, which is very upsetting for me. I have had my first 2 hours of alone time this morning and after 3 loads of laundry, watching the finale of Canadian Idol (Rex should have one) and now updating this. Now I don't know what to do with my time. I'm sure I'll get used to this though. I am in an all day scrapbooking thing on Saturday. I'm hoping to get some good ideas to start putting books together. Then of course the Greyhound Planet Day Walk on Sunday. There will be lots of pictures! I'm taking Dad's digital camera so I'll have pictures that night!
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
I have to restrict comments being left on my blog due to people leaving solictiting comments that I don't like. For everyone that is reading this right now, can you make a quick comment letting me know exactly who is leaving comments / reading. I am making a members list for this blog, and I need to compile a list. It's much easier to do it this way. Just please leave me a little comment letting me know that you're reading and want to be added to the members list.
Monday, September 12, 2005
Well, we're back from Cape Breton and we had a ball. I got off work at 9:30PM Friday night and went home and slept. Rob and I went to bed at 10 and got up at 1AM. I figure by the time we stopped tossing and turning it was more like 11 so we had 2 hours sleep. We loaded up the VW Golf and off we went. We made it at the Crant residence at 6:30AM and were wide awake. Rob went golfing with Jim and Adam, and Genevieve, her mom Alice, Adelle and I hit the road for some second hand shops. Actually, before this, I mentioned to Genevieve around 7am that I had brought some Avon products with me, and by 8am they were all over the table and half sold between Genevieve and Alice. By 9, 2 neighbours had been called about "Tina's blue light special" on Avon, and the rest of it was all gone! It was the easiest 60.00 I have ever made! I took that money and had a blast at 2nd hand shops. I bought a beautiful new black winter jacket, a spider man pillow for Colby, a Space Jam throw for Colby, a new fall jacket for Colby (Do you see a pattern here?), and some shirts for Rob. I fell asleep 2x in the back of the car with Adelle. We had chinese food for lunch and then headed back to Alice's. It rained like crazy for a few minutes, and of course after a big rain shower comes a rainbow! Alice went up to the store, and came flying back in the driveway saying "Tina, get your camera and get in the car!" We ended up chasing the rainbow and for the first time in my life I found the end of it! The pictures are amazing and once I get them scanned I will update this post with the pictures. Rob fell asleep sitting up at 9pm so we headed back to the cabin that A&G rented for us. Sunday morning we had a great breakfast at a little diner and then went to top up the Golf. When we pulled in there was a man in a big chev truck filling his truck. We topped up the Golf (which was Full service! Imagine, 1.08/l and it was full serve!) and it only cost us 24.00 to top it off. We only burned 1/2 tank all the way down there and with our running around the next day. In total, we spent 48.00 on fuel there and back. We're definately looking into a diesel next year! Anyways, so we went to the christening, which was great and then booted it on home. Adelle is a little doll. We both fell hopelessly in love. Genevieve's parents are also wonderful people. The Crant house is the type of house that when you're there an hour, you're curled up on the couch with a blanket, napping with the baby. Well, ok, that's what I did, but the house was comfortable enough to do that in! I also have Avon orders that I will be mailing down to them! It was a great weekend. I can't wait to go back. I got the pictures back tonight of the christening, and A&G said that I can post them. There are a couple that I will put on the other site, one in particular of Adam and Adelle that I just love. I want to play with it a little first and then I'll post it. When I got home, I realized that I had accidently took Adam's sunglasses clips. I don't think I'm his favorite person right now, but I know he still loves me!
Friday, September 09, 2005
We're off to Cape Breton tonight for Adelle's christening. We are hoping to sleep for a couple hours tonight and be on the road by 1Am to be there for the morning. I will be taking lots of pictures, and some of the car for Colby!
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Friday, September 02, 2005
With the latest gas prices, Rob and I were seriously contemplating how we were going to be able to go to Cape Breton next weekend for our god daughter's christening. Gas is not something we even factored in when we told A&G that we would be down. Of course, as god parents we really should be there. I had a guy from work and his fiancee lined up to stay at the house for the weekend we were away with Koda, but without getting into details they are no longer together and he told me the other day that he was no longer able to stay at the house. I had talked with a woman in my office named Leanne when I found out about the breakup, just to see if her and her bf would cover for me. She, god love her, said she would immediately. I spoke to her again about it when I found out that I was without a dog sitter, and she said that she had already mentioned it to her bf and he was excited about the prospect of spending the weekend. She lives with her grandmother and he has room mates, so privacy is something that they crave. We had plans this weekend to go to the Cameron's Labor Day Bash in Bridgewater with the motorhome, but again with gas prices we cancelled those plans. I was on the phone at work talking to Rob about cancelling the plans for the motorhome and mentioned to him the cost that was going to be involved in travelling to Cape Breton. Leanne, who sits behind and across from me (picture an X, I'm the top left and she's the bottom right). Anyways, she pipes up "Since I'll be at your house the entire weekend, you should just take my car". She drives a VW Golf DIESEL. Diesel prices right now are still 99.9, and she gets 1000/km to a tank of fuel. So, we're off to Cape Breton in a new VW Golf! She's just such a kind spirit, and to generously offer her fuel economic vehicle just tops it! Cancelling Cape Breton was really never an option, even if we had to shuttle it down, but this is the absolute perfect situation!