Saturday, March 01, 2008

Messenger help

I'm at my wits end with MSN Messenger tonight. I keep getting the error

We are unable to sign you into Windows Live Messenger, possibly because of a problem with your internet connection. Please try again later. Error Code 80072475.

I have followed their troubleshooting steps (deleting temporary files, unhooking router) and I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Nothing works. And, to top it all off, there is the Handgame Tournament in town this weekend so all the LD lines are blocked and I can't call out. Can someone help me fix this?

2 comments:

Jackie S. Quire said...

Tina:
I had the same problem a couple weeks back. And I had to install the LATEST version of messenger. That was the only way I could fix it. And it happened on both my computers 2 weeks apart.

The other choice is to use an online version till maybe it fixes itself... or download a substitute. I used Trillium. It wasn't bad.

Hope that helps!

JS

Kennie said...

We've been having the same issue over here this weekend ... you can check MSN "status" (go to help, and MSN status). I know for me it said unavailable at this time.

So it's an MSN issue, not an user issue.