Monday, October 05, 2009

A peek inside my twisted mind

I always have the same thoughts when Fall arrives. We always stop to look and admire the colors of the leaves as they change before they fall. But have you EVER really stopped to think about what it is we are admiring? We are admiring the different shades of the leaves are they are DYING. Yes, to us they are beautiful, but what about to the trees? Think of it another way. What if we could change places with the trees. When a person dies, they also change color. What if a tree thought the jaundice of a failing liver is a beautiful shade of yellow? Or the blue tint of oxygen deprivation is something they drove around in search of, standing their little saplings in front of us and taking pictures from different angles?

Ok, yes this is a little extreme and very, very left of centre of what I normally write about. But, if you REALLY think about it, that's what we do. We admire the changing colors of leaves dying.

And yes, when I've mentioned this to people they think I'm TRULY off my rocker. But inside this normally normal mind is a very weird and twisted corner, and I felt the need to share. And since I've been dropping the ball on postings, I thought I'd do a "not typical Tina" type of post. BUT, when you're out driving and you see the fall colors, you'll think about it. And then you'll think of this post and you'll picture little tree families running about taking pictures and ..... ok well maybe not everyone is as twisted as me. But I would bet OHN is smiling right now because she gets it, and I KNOW my sister gets it and is laughing right now.

8 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

The leaves falling off are just the same as our hair falling out. The tree is still alive, just a little bald!

OHN said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

You are RIGHT...I am smiling :)

Sadly, there are more of us out there than the normal human would like to believe--bwahahaah.

Mary Lou said...

You know once someone asked me why I loved fall so much... as I got married in fall...I love the colours and smell of the fresh air as it cools especially if there is a wood stove lite... But they still wondered why as everything was dying... But regardless ... I LOVE FALL... whatever it maybe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Anonymous -- I deleted your comment. Not appropriate, not at all. Please don't leave comments like that.

Anonymous said...

Totally sorry. I did not intend to provoke any reaction. I thought it was a similar thought to what you posted. If you think that was inappropriate then perhaps you should rethink your own entry on the blog and evaluate if my comment was really so offensive.
Perhaps you are being a little sensitive.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Please leave your name when you make comments or do not leave them. Your comment was out of line, and frankly if you didn't like my blog post don't read it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.