Sunday, October 11, 2009

My metis mommy

This is a great couple who live here in town. Karen is one of the first women I met when I started taking Joey to the drop in program at the preschool when we moved here last year. He was too young to be in the full time program, but as he was enrolled in the Under 2 or "At Home" program we were welcomed to join the 3 year old class one day a week. From there, I started volunteering to help when I was there which is how I got to know all the women, and eventually ended up with the job that I do. Karen is an amazing woman who always makes sure that I am included in any staff function (technically I am not staff of the preschool, I am staff of the elementary school on "loan" to the preschool as that is where the pre-k program is). I just adore her and was thrilled when she asked me to do her family pictures. I still have a lot of her pictures to finish, but I just had to do this one tonight. Not to brag or anything, but I love it. Their smiles are so natural. And her husband Louie is just a great guy. He is the "local shadetree mechanic" and when we owned the Pathfinder we got to know him REALLY well. For anyone that knows me personally, is it just me, or does anyone else see who *I* see when I look at Louie?

No comments: