Thursday, July 08, 2004

HERE IS MY LETTER:
Anna, Normally I do not voice my opinion as this but I feel this needs to be addressed. Yesterday, as I assume you are aware, the resolution department was treated to pizza. My understanding is that this was a morale booster for this department, due to the stress that we all have been under lately with the call volume. I cannot comment as to how it went over with the day shift, but as a night rez rep I feel you need to know what happened. We were approached at 8:30 PM to see what each of us would prefer for pizza. First of all, I feel that this was too late, as we have part time reps that were leaving as of 9:30. At approximately 9:10 P.M, the pizza arrived. The only reason I know that is I, along with a couple other representatives, watched them bring the pizza into the small conference room. We then watched SLR’s that were off line, TL’s from Rez, TL’s from the floor and MO’s go into this room. At this point, to my understanding no one from this department was advised that it had arrived. I went to my break at 9:30 and others around me went to their breaks and lunches within the same hour. As of midnight when I was off, I STILL was never offically informed that the pizza had arrived. My understanding is that people from the front of the row did get pizza, but us here at the end of the row were never informed. So needless to say, there were a few of us that never did benefit from this “morale booster”. I have to tell you, the food here is not the issue. The issue is that OUR TL’s and MO’s never even bothered to walk down the aisle and inform us that it was here. They had to walk past this aisle to go to the room where they all ate! Honestly, I was so upset when I left last night I was not coming back. To me, this was a HUGE slap in the face. I felt, and still do feel, very unappreciated. Not that I think that they are not working as hard as we are, but we are on the front line, drowning in que. And when a morale booster is offered to us, just so that we are made to feel that yes, someone does appreciate what we are doing, the time is not even spent to walk down this aisle and tell us it’s here. As a TL, I would expect that this is the least that could have been done. But again, the TL’s, SLR’s and MO’s didn’t miss out on their share. I feel that if the DEPARTMENT is being treated to something nice, the ENTIRE department should benefit, not just a selected few. That really doesn’t say much for the rest of us. I can tell you that I am not the only one in this department that feels this way, but I am only speaking on my behalf. I would appreciate if you do address this with anyone, that my name is left out of it. This is very small department and I felt that someone higher up needed to know, but I really don’t want to draw attention to myself. If you feel that you would like to discuss this further or in person, I would be more than happy to meet with you, outside the department. If not, I would just like to thank you for taking the time to hear (read I guess is the more appropriate term) me ramble. Tina Schwartz. How horribly wrong is that??? I was also talking to Dad the other day and he says, "I still can't leave a comment on your site". I checked it out. It is different. I told him to leave it as anomymous. Now it works! Post away Dad!

No comments: