Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A change of pace

Although I love a good blog debate as much as the next person, it's time to have a change of direction here. The preschool I'm working at has provided me with a challenge that I'm asking your help with. We are doing christmas cards with the kids and I have been asked to find a verse / poem to go in the card. I've been surfing sites for the past few day and can't find anything I like. I want something from a preschoolers point of view to parents/ guardians. Does anyone either know of a site I can look at, or better yet, remember a card that was made for you from your little one that you just loved? I appreciate all your help.

1 comment:

OHN said...

Wow...you are putting the old lady to work here. I remember lots of cards from the boys and most of them involved poems...something about a girl from Nantucket..NO WAIT..that one was from BigD.

How about something that spells out MERRY CHRISTMAS
with a word following each describing a characteristic of the parents:
M-merry
E-excited for Christmas
R-round
etc. You should get some really funny comments.

Cut out cards are always a hit too with lots of glitter and glue and kids LOVE to punch holes in things.

Some teachers have asked us to send in a small photo of the child for a "project" and they turned them into ornaments for the tree...with the same idea of cutting out a Christmas shape (star, tree etc) with a hole in the top for the string and glued glitter (are you sensing a theme here???) surrounding the pic of the child.....ours hang proudly every year.

I actually have large sterlite containers in more than one closet with all the cards the kids have given me over the years. Let me know if you want me to get off my butt and go look for some more ideas. I would do it for you Tina..yes, I REALLY would :)