Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sheet titty!

This is the new word in my house. My wonderful, loving husband has certain obsessive compulsive characteristics. One is, what he calls "Sheet titties". Rob is one of those people who has to have the bottom sheet on the bed fitted perfectly on all the corners, or he can't sleep. It's beyond me how if the bottom corner is slightly untucked on MY side of the bed effects his sleeping, but somehow it does, according to him. This is a nightly thing with us, because in my mind as long as the sheet is on the bed and the corners are UNDER the mattress, they don't necessarily need to be stretched as far as they can go under the mattress so there are no wrinkles. The other night he yelled "SHEET TITTY" pointing at the slightly untucked corner of the sheet. I lost it. So now "sheet titty" is a new "Rob word". Right up there with "folderize", but that's another post.

5 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

ahahahha that is awesome!!! Is he that anal about the top sheet too? I refuse to sleep with the top sheet. It is evil- just there to wrap around you in horrible ways.

Sheet titty is quite the word. That is one unique husband you have there.

Unknown said...

That is hysterical. In our house someone has been known to get up in the middle of the night and remake the bed if the sheets feel "lumpy" and we sleep on 100% linen hand loomed sheets. Sigh......... I sympathize.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than sleeping on a bed with the bottom sheet tied around your ankles. I like to be able to move around freely in the bed. I can't sleep if I feel even one wrinkle in the bottom sheet. The "Sheet Tittie" is a tell tale sign of a poorly fitted sheet corner. Basic physics!

Anonymous said...

Blanket titty for me!!! My blanket has to be perfectly square and even when I get into bed. Yes, it will be all messed up in the course of the night, but nonetheless, it has to be perfect when I get in, or I can't fall asleep. If my other half gets in and pull it unevenly, I'd have to get up and fix it before I return to bed. My toes can tell if the blanket is crooked!

Kel P said...

Wow....I just like to get in and fall asleep...blankets, no blankets, lights on/off...I'm just all about the sleep!