Sunday, November 02, 2008

One year later

First of all, a big thank you to all of you for your kind words today. Today wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that I don't live back home. I'm not back in Sackville, with memories being triggered by the enviornment around me. One of the highlights of my day is when my sister set up the webcam so I could "be there" when she played some of the home movies that she converted to DVD. Mom had an open house today, where friends and family dropped in throughout the day. It made the day a bit easier for her. It's hard to believe how much has changed in a year, and at the same time so much is still the same. This year has certainly taught me to enjoy the little things, to laugh more and to not sweat the small stuff. Well, two out of three ain't bad. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Big hugs from a stranger who is far, far away.

Anonymous said...

That was awesome what your mom and family did. What a great way to help celebrate your Dad. Thinking of you all
Hugs
Mary Lou