Monday, November 12, 2007

Zamboni man would be proud

This is my dad's zamboni. Kassie and I went to a hockey game tonight and I had to take a picture of it. It's amazing how many people in this community knew and loved my dad, and miss him terribly. He won't soon be forgotten. It's very comforting to know how many lives he touched.

Rob and Colby left for home tonight. It's strange to be here without them. Mom, Aunt Donna, Kassie Joey and I are going second hand shopping tomorrow. I can't wait. I've already been out once and stocked up on extra hats and mitts for us, and I bought the coolest hat for me but I'm going to wait and take a picture of me in it as words just can't describe it. It's "bag day" at one place here tomorrow, and for anyone who loves second hand shopping as much as I do, "bag day" is a big event! Oh, and for my northern blogger friends, I've been reading all your blogs and I had to brag just a bit. It's currently -2 here and it's going up to 13 at the end of the week. I've been wearing just a sweatshirt out for the past couple of days and leaving my jacket home. I'm going to soak up as much as the warmth as I can before I get back! I must admit though, I've noticed already how fast paced it it here. As much as I will miss my family, I can't wait to get back to my simple Northern life.

1 comment:

Kate Nova said...

Haha, we in Iqaluit are waiting impatiently for the second hand store to open.

I love the zamboni. That is a pretty special thing I think.