Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crazy coincidences

Megan and I put together a funny coincidence about our pasts. Which is funny, because technically we have never met in person. We realized through Facebook that we have mutual friends from our past, and both lived in Halifax at the same time. I'm sure we probably passed each other in the street. And then, 13 years later we end up living in the same city (well almost) at the top of the world, and again never met. It started when we found each other's blogs, and realized we were geographically close to one another. Even funnier, the funny newfoundlander that we met shortly after moving up there who drove the tractor trailer that delivered the Northern's supplies once a week was none other than her father in law. I actually ended up calling her last night to compare exactly who we knew and when we were there, to find out she started university in September of the year that Rob and I finished. So we missed each other by months at most. And then for her to become friends with the people that Rob and I were friends with is just too funny. For this story in pictures, check out Megan's blog.

5 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You and Rob look so young in that picture. Seriously- you both look about 14. How old are you there??

Megan said...

I wonder how often this happens. You go through life almost meeting but continually missing another person.

I think you moved to Newfoundland just as I left.

OHN said...

Life can be bizarre can't it?!

My family thinks I am bizarre because I talk about my "friends" that I have met through blogging. BigD says they can't be friends because we haven't met. I told him he is full of crap and that you guys are terrific. Besides, he is missing part of a lung so what does he know?

Anonymous said...

We were 18 Kara. And I realized ANOTHER crazy coinky-dink. Megan and I also lived in Newfoundland in the same city. So that's 3 provinces we both have lived in at the same time and kept missing each other. Holy hannah! :)

Valentina said...

Time to meet up in person, I would say! :) I love coincidences like that, makes you wonder that the world is not such a gigantic place after all!