Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Just like Connie

Rob has his district manager in town for the next few days, and I've gone into what I call "Connie mode". Connie always had home made bread waiting whenever their district manager came into town. Now, I don't bake anything but banana bread and cookies, but I can made a mean supper. He's coming over tonight for supper and I'm just sitting here waiting for them to arrive. People have accused me of "sucking up" by doing this, but that's not it at all. I just know how much I would appreciate a home cooked meal after travelling for 2 days to get here, the last 5 of them driving up here. Maybe it's just the Newfoundlander in me, making sure everyone is well fed. But part of it is reputation for Rob. I would like for people to leave here with a good impression of not just the store, but of Rob. I would hope whoever comes to visit looks forward to coming back, even if it's for the great hospitality and a home cooked meal.

3 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Now you are a spiffy wife!

Anonymous said...

Tina...everyone loves your cooking.....your family is awesome!!

GR

Alex said...

sorry for the delay in answering your question...but it's true! I am a fellow Bluenoser.
I'm originally from Windsor, NS but I lived in Halifax for about 6 years before coming to NWT.

and yourself??