Thursday, July 05, 2007

So call me just a bit silly but....

GREAT SLAVE LAKE It's 456 kilometres (285 miles) long, 80 kilometres (150mi) wide and has an area of 28,438 square km (10,980 sq. mi.). The statistics boggle the mind, but the reality is even more imposing. For those who prefer the understatement: There's a lot of water in Great Slave Lake.

This massive water body holds many titles, including the second largest lake lying entirely within Canada, the fifth largest in North America and the 10th largest in the world.

Yes, you may think it's a bit silly for me to be proud of this, but I am. This is the lake that we live on. This is the lake that I have taken many pictures of, and the beautiful sunset pictures we have are of this lake. I have never lived by or been near anything like this, and the fact that it's the 5th largest in North America is just cool!

No comments: