Sunday, January 25, 2009

Look what I found!

Anyone who knows me in the "real world" knows I am obsessed with a series of books called "The Outlander Series" by Diana Gabaldon. I was introduced to this series by my SIL Kelly. I have all the books, and have read the series many times. I am in the process of reading them again, because I recently found out that the latest book in the series is in the works to be released. Diana Gabaldon has her own website that I have infrequently visited over the past and one late night last week I found myself there again. To my great surprise she now has a blog, which I have added to my blog list. There are some wonderful things happening along wit the new book, including a movie in the works (HOORAY) and an illustrated novel that should be out this summer. (O.M.G). I refer to these books simply as "Jamie and Claire" as these are the 2 main characters. While looking at her blog the other day she has the UK cover of the book there (you can see it HERE) and I'm just itching to get it. She also has exerpts of the book there, but I won't read it until I have the whole book. If you haven't read this story, I encourage to you. If you have, you'll probably be just as excited as me to see this. Now, all I have to do is figure out who I would best like to see cast in the roles. For anyone who has read the book, any thoughts??

3 comments:

Kel P said...

Yay!!!I'm soooo excited. Can't wait to read the new book.

Still haven't decided on who I want cast for characters yet though. I just hope they stay true to the book.

Thanks for finding/linking!

Kel

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You know, I read the first one waaay back at the start of University. I don't even remember what it is about now ( I am sure you are shaking your head in disappointment!) But maybe I will see if our library has them and start it again!

Jackie S. Quire said...

I just bought this book when I was in the UK. I started reading it before I left on vacation, and got to the part where she "jumps" for the first time.

I've had so many people gush over this series, I just had to give it a try.